Sunday, December 18, 2005

Conservative Idealogue's

I am suspicious of those people that have all the answers. The more I learn, the more I "think" I know, the more I realize that I am kidding myself. Answers are hard to come by. Yes, we have internal values that provide a foundation for us, but this is just a starting point, it is not the end point. That is where people lose their way. A Conservative would have never crossed the Atlantic in search of a new world, it would be a Liberal who would have believed that the world was not flat, or at least be willing to explore that topic, and would have joined Columbus on that first voyage.

Extreme Conservatives are mostly idealogue's in my view. Many believe the ACLU to be idealogue's as well (extreme Liberals), and I see that point of view more every day. Someone needs to be the watchdog of our Bill of Rights, given that so many of our Freedoms are being given away by our President, and Republican lead Congress (the Patriot Act). The problem is the ACLU hasn't learned you have to pick your battles, and they are picking too many loony battles. I expect someone is going to jump on my use of the word "loony", and yet disregard the core of this post. I want a safe nation, but we cannot give up on our individual rights in order to do so, as it undermines the very foundation on what this Nation was built on. You'll hear lot's of Rationalization though. The Fool finds no fault with torture, as long as it is only used against "the bad guys". The Conservative Right are good soldiers, they loudly embrace that is which they believe, and when their leaders go in a direction they don't like, they turn STONE COLD SILENT. No, you can't use the "I don't like our open borders" example anymore, because that is the ONLY argument I hear. It is the token view paraded out to show their is some balance in the thought processes by the Right.

Extreme Conservatives just pay attention to what they have to say. Smug and self satisfied in their certitudes, their opinions are merely a loose collection of intellectual conceits, and they are genuinely astonished, bewildered and and indignant that their views are not universally embraced as the Truth. They disregard the opposing point of view as a form of brain death whose only cure is relentless propagandizing (Gays, Evolution, Unions, Eco-Nazi's) and browbeating (soft on crime, anti-Military, Tax and Spend). The conservative iteration of Ideologue parades themselves as a logical, clear thinker. When was the last time your heard or read an original thought from a Conservative?

All I hear is new terminology. Intelligent Design instead of Creationism. The story is always the same, it just gets regurgitated and repackaged.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Intellectual Insurgent said...

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The crazies on the right prefer to rewrite history than learn from it and, thus, everything they offer is repetition of the past. They are destroying America, but think they have come up with something brilliant and innovative. Theocracy and fascism have never served any country well. If we leave it to the Republicans, America will relive the mistakes of ancestors. It's like being stuck in the Twilight Zone.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger mrsleep said...

Debate is Cool, provided it comes from original thought.

Glad you stopped by, for maybe some peace and quiet.

Twilight Zone is an interesting view. Sometimes I pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming. I think to myself "no one else gets this?".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home