Friday, January 19, 2007

Lazy & overworked

The Intellectual Insurgeant heads to Cairo, Egypt for inspiration to come up with insightful ideas to blog about. Me? I'm just working my butt off, working way too hard at my age, but I have a good job, and College bills to pay, so I guess I should stop complaining.

Still at the age of 51, going on 52, the 60+ hours weeks are wearing me down. At least I get to spend a week in Barcelona, Spain on business this next week, so that's a bonus I guess.

Our house is chaos right now. We've been planning to remodel our kitchen and downstairs bath for years, and we finally decided to go for it. Sheet rock has been
torn out, toilets, and sinks removed, subfloor has been cut out. Normally my spouse of 29+ years would be freaking out about the mess, but she is in great spirits, because we have started. Plus we're making steady progress, but we acknowledge it will be at least April before it's all done.

I'll try to be diligent about taking some pictures and showing before, during, and after pictures.

3 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Odysseus said...

You're going to be working in Spain while I'll be working in WDC. See, it all works out in the end.

Congrats on starting the kitchen. I hope to agree on a plan and start mine this spring.

Enjoy Barcelona! I'd recommend the Dali museum, the Picasso, and tour some of Gaudi's buildings, and the Parque Guell. The mosaic works are inspirational.

If you get a spare day, I've heard that Girona is very nice.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger mrsleep said...

I stayed in San Cugat. I also did get to spend one evening touring the city, and saw a number of Gaudi buildings. We also spent about an hour walking around the oldest part of the city. Unfortunately, I worked too hard, and didn't get any other sight seeing time.

My wife and I, just got back our first draft of kitchen plans from the architect.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Intellectual Insurgent said...

Hubby and I have been remodeling the house for the past 2 years, so I sympathize with what you are going through. Hopefully, all will go smoothly and you will have your house back to normal in April. We desperately need to remodel our kitchen but we are both gun shy to open that can of worms (and silverfish) and live through that chaos.

Have a great time in Spain!!! Take pictures and please share.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home