Friday, August 04, 2006

Off to Maui, so I'll be offline

Carry on without me. Heading to Maui for 8 days. Not long enough, but enough to forget the worries of the world.

Plan on doing lot's of walks on the beach, watch sunsets every night with my honey, and a Mai Tai in my hand. Other hikes are planned to see bamboo forests, hidden pools, waterfalls.

We'll snorkel a lot, and when not snorkeling, maybe just a bit of snuggling.

I'm bringing three books to read too.

We'll be celebrating our 29th Wedding Anniversary on this trip, so we have a no holds barred, damn the expense Dinner planned at the Hailemaile General Store. Yes, and odd name for a restaurant but the food is outstanding.

I'll post the trip report and lot's of photo's when we get back.

3 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Boris Yeltsin said...

Have fun!! I didn't know you were a wine maker until I started drilling down through your blog. Wow! That's cool! Is it a family business, or something you just up and decided to do?

I know a guy who used to be a president of a bank. The bank got bought out in a hostile take over, and now he raises alpacas. I never even knew what an alpaca was, but now I know that they go for around $30,000 a peice for good breeding stock, and I guess what they call a "perfect male," can go for around $150,000.

He never raised them before, and now he has 3 alpaca ranches in our county.

Funny now peoples' lives turn out, huh?

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Intellectual Insurgent said...

Have a great trip. Can't wait to see the pictures.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Odysseus said...

I too am looking forward to seeing the photos. Have a great time! I'm flying to the US next week for the first time in over two years. Should be interesting to see the new absurdities done in the name of protecting the public.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home