Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The American Way

Liberals, whomever they happen to be have been targeted lately as being un-American, anti-military, soft on terrorism, soft on traditional family values, Bush-haters, and liers. Surely we can't simply divide up our society into two camps, Conservatives, and Liberals.

This approach of "you're with us, or against us" just isn't going to allow us to solve our Nations problems. This "my way or the highway" approach creates deeper divides. We are not going to agree on everything.

Let me state upfront that I am moderate in my views. I am fiscally conservative, support a strong military, but I have a social conscience as well. So what does that make me? A Conservative or a Liberal? I think it puts me right square in the middle of the road.

The problem today, is anytime anyone challenges a position, or a policy of this Adminstration, they are labeled by too many people as "liberal". That is idiotic. Many people like me share many common values with the President, but there are things I don't agree with.

The President has said he wants to stay the course. If I don't like where we're going, I am not going to keep quiet about it. We influence our Politicians by telling them how we feel. How many times have you heard, if you don't like something, then write your Congressman?

Speaking your mind is not Liberal, and it is very American. Freedom of Speech is the very foundation that this Nation was built upon, and we have to keep our Leaders on their toes.

1 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger jj said...

good blog I should have checked it out before.

The right does'nt want anyone to speak thier mind UNLESS you agree with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home